GUCL: Computational Linguistics @ Georgetown
We are a group of Georgetown University faculty, student, and staff researchers at the intersection of language and computation. Our areas of expertise include natural language processing, corpus linguistics, information retrieval, text mining, and more. Members belong to the Linguistics and/or Computer Science departments.
- 9/15/23: [Job] The Linguistics department will be hiring an Assistant Professor of Computational Linguistics.
- 9/8/21: Congratulations to the Corpling lab on winning the DISRPT 2021 shared task on discourse processing!
- 8/27/20: First-Year Student Presented Paper at Prestigious Computational Linguistics Conference (Aryaman Arora)
- 9/10/18: #MeToo Movement on Twitter (Lisa Singh)
- 8/29/18: Cliches in baseball (Nathan Schneider)
- 1/20/18: The Coptic Scriptorium project (Amir Zeldes)
- Congratulations to Arman Cohan, Nazli Goharian, and Georgetown alum Andrew Yates for winning a Best Long Paper award at EMNLP 2017!
- Congratulations to Ophir Frieder, who has been named to the European Academy of Sciences and Arts (EASA)!
- 9/19/16: "Email" Dominates What Americans Have Heard About Clinton (Lisa Singh)
- 7/12/16: Searching Harsh Environments (Ophir Frieder)
Mailing list: Contact Nathan Schneider to subscribe!
- Sean MacAvaney (Glasgow): CS, Mon. 11/13/23, 11:00 in STM 326
- Generative AI Panel: CS, 11/13/23, 12:30 in STM 326
- Kristina Lerman (USC): CS, Wed. 11/15/23, 11:00 in STM 326
- Andrew Yates (Amsterdam): CS, Mon. 11/20/23, 11:00 in STM 326
- Greg Durrett (UT Austin): CS, Tues. 11/28/23, 2:00 in STM 326
- Géraldine Walther (GMU): Linguistics, 12/1/23, 3:30 in Poulton 230
- Previous talks
For those wishing to study computational linguistics or related topics, the following graduate programs at Georgetown may be of interest:
- M.S., Ph.D. in Computational Linguistics
- Offered by the Linguistics department. Research in the department includes corpus linguistics & corpus annotation, digital humanities, natural language processing, and speech processing. See CL course offerings.
- M.S. in Computer Science, Ph.D. in Computer Science
- One of the main research areas in the department is Information Systems, including machine learning, data mining, information retrieval, natural language processing, and bio- and health informatics. See CL course offerings.
- M.S. in Analytics with a concentration in Data Science