I am currently looking for students to form an interdisciplinary computational linguistics group!
Georgetown has a strong community of computational linguistics researchers.
If you're not yet at Georgetown, consider applying in Linguistics or Computer Science.
→ Ph.D. application deadlines: Dec. 15 for Linguistics, Jan. 15 for CS.
If you're already a Georgetown student, come talk to me about your research interests and ideas!
At the University of Edinburgh, I co-supervised the following MSc theses:
- Marco Damonte (2015), “Machine Translation with Coarse Lexical Semantics” (with Alexandra Birch)
- Nora Hollenstein (2015), “Inconsistency Detection in Semantic Annotation” (with Bonnie Webber)
- Ye Yang (2015), “Recognizing Annotator Behavior in Crowdsourcing” (with Bonnie Webber)
- Felisia Loukou (2016), “Light Verb Constructions in Distributional Entailment Graphs” (with Mark Steedman)
- Ida Szubert (2016), “Methods for Automatic Alignment of Abstract Meaning Representation and Dependency Grammar” (with Adam Lopez)